It’s official! The fall is in full swing. After a long, hot summer, the temperatures are finally starting to cool down. But that doesn’t mean it’s time to hibernate indoors quite yet. The fall season is full of fun activities that can get you outdoors and spark your sense of adventure. Plus, the season offers plenty of warm, delicious recipes that are perfect for the crisp weather.
To celebrate the new season, we thought we would share 25 fall-friendly ideas for the perfect autumn bucket list. Plus, we’ll talk a little about the benefits of creating a personal bucket list at any time of the year.
The Power of a Bucket List
Contrary to what you may believe, a bucket list does not have to be made up of expensive, extravagant, or life-changing events. Sure, your bucket list can be whatever you want it to be, including that epic trip to Greece or that year off from work to volunteer abroad. But, it can also be a list of simple things that make you happy and keep you present in your day-to-day life.
There are a lot of great benefits to writing out your bucket list. Whether it’s for a new season or a new year, creating a bucket list allows you to focus on the things that bring you the most joy. It can act as a simple guide to helping you get the most out of your day and your life. A few of the benefits of a bucket list include:
Renews your focus on goals and passions.
Establishing clear goals and holding yourself accountable to those goals is the most effective way to get what you want in life. A bucket list is simply a way to document and focus yourself on what brings you joy and happiness. When you create your bucket list, it forces you to think about what is really important to you and what experiences will bring you the most joy. Tracking your bucket list items will show you whether you are living your best life or whether you are letting the opportunities you want to pass you by.
Provides a sense of excitement and anticipation.
We all know the anticipation and excitement at having something fun planned for the future. Whether that’s a vacation, a big move, or a wedding, that sense of excitement changes your whole outlook. When you create your bucket list, you immediately get a change in perspective. The day-to-day things that used to bring you stress or anxiety no longer have as much pull on your emotions. They don’t have as much strength to drain you of your energy or mind space. The expectation of joyful and fulfilling things on the horizon can completely change your mindset.
Pushes you out of your comfort zone.
It’s so easy to get stuck in your day-to-day routines and doing what you think is expected of you. It’s easy to think that you’ll have time one day when work slows down or the kids leave the house. The reality is that life is truly lived outside of your comfort zone. Your bucket list is one way to help you step out of your bubble and move into exciting, new areas that challenge and teach you. Again, stepping out of your comfort zone doesn’t have to be a big, extravagant event. It could be something as small as trying a new food or stepping out of your routine one day each week.
25 Ideas for the Perfect Fall Bucket List
These fall activities can be done alone, with your family or with your partner. How many can you accomplish before the end of the season?
- Build a leaf pile and jump in
- Sip spiced apple cider outdoors or by the fire
- Take a stroll to view the changing leaves
- Apple picking at a local orchard
- Visit a pumpkin patch to find the perfect pumpkin
- Sign up for a themed 5K race
- Make your way through a corn maze
- Get the courage to visit a haunted house or hayride – the scarier, the better!
- Visit your local farmers market for fresh, seasonal produce
- Bake a homemade apple or pumpkin pie
- Roast root vegetables for a warm, filling side dish
- Experiment with some cozy fall outfits
- Go for a hike before the weather gets too cold
- Host a scary movie night for friends and family – or alone if you dare!
- Attend to a fall-themed festival like Oktoberfest
- Embrace pumpkin everything
- Burn some cinnamon scented candles
- Cozy up your home with think, knit blankets
- Flex your creativity muscles with some pumpkin carving
- Volunteer to help those in need
- Watch football
- Have a bonfire with friends
- Take a scenic drive
- Go on a hayride
- Visit one or many of the seasonal craft fairs and markets
Autumn moves fast, so don’t let it slip by without taking advantage of some of the best seasonal activities that you can only do during this time of year!